Friday, July 28, 2006

A very brief update.

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. Since we got back from Peru, the second-year novices have been very busy packing and planning for our move to First Studies following Vows. (We don't have any more planning to do for the Vow Mass itself - click here to learn more about the arrangements.) Tomorrow we head to Chicago for the priestly ordination of our brother Jesuit Pat McGrath, who will receive the sacrament of Holy Orders from Bishop Carlos Sevilla at an evening liturgy at Old St Patrick's Church in the Loop. On Sunday, we head up to Omena for summer villa ("vacation" for you externs). A few days before Vows, the secundi report to Colombiere for a triduum retreat. I'll post an update when I'm able and as the spirit moves me. Until then, I hope all is well. AMDG.

6 Comments:

At July 30, 2006 2:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Know that I'll be praying specially for you in these days leading up to your profession. In spirit, I shall be there to celebrate!

 
At July 31, 2006 3:15 AM, Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Happy Feast of St Ignatius of Loyola!

 
At July 31, 2006 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may enjoy this post that I ran across:

http://fumare.blogspot.com/2006/07/feast-of-st-ignatius-loyola.html

 
At August 01, 2006 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joseph, I was spechless when I saw you. I really wanted to ask you a lot about Peru and your experiences with the culture but I did not wanted to take over on the conversation.
I am taking the opportunity to pray for you to let God lead you into his way for you are about to make a covenant with him.
Congratulations on your decision to follow the Lord.
Edgar S.

 
At August 04, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger Kensy said...

Congratulations; my prayers will be with you!

Pardon me if this is a silly question, but are the vows you're going to take perpetual? How are they different from the vows you take when you become a professed Jesuit?

 
At August 10, 2006 9:43 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Thank you all for your comments, and my apologies for the belated reply. As for Kensy's question about the perpetual nature of first vows and what makes them different from the final vows Jesuits take later on, Mark Mossa provides an excellent answer here: http://markmossasj.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-novices-vovendi.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home