Saturday, April 22, 2006

Six random facts about me.

While I was in Washington this past week, both Karen and Lisa tagged me for the "six random facts" meme. After five wonderful days at Georgetown, I'm back in Chicago and am ready to post my reply to the meme. Hopefully Karen, Lisa and other interested readers will find the following facts worth their wait:

1. I'm left-handed.

2. I can recite from memory the first twenty lines of the Prologue of Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in the original Middle English.

3. Like the characters in Chaucer's Tales, I have made a pilgrimage to Canterbury Cathedral.

4. I have also made a pilgrimage to the Santuario de la Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre in Cuba.

5. I once shook hands with the Dalai Lama.

6. I've seen The Cardigans live.

Hopefully readers will find the above list sufficiently random. If you want more, bring on another meme. AMDG.

6 Comments:

At April 22, 2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you, Joe, these were worth the wait :)

I think memes are great ways to get know friends from the blogosphere better.

I will keep an eye out for the next one and be sure to tag you again :)

Have a good day!

 
At April 22, 2006 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting facts, but have you ever been to Phnom Penh?

 
At April 24, 2006 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cardigans are pretty random...Almost as random as Piebald playing at Stonehill..

 
At April 25, 2006 5:49 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I can remember the first phrase of the first line of Canterbury Tales in its original Middle English. But I remember all of the Macbeth and Hamlet soliloquies. Where will either of us be able to use these particular life skills?

You were tagged twice on the same meme. You must somehow give the appearance of being fascinating. Or at least random.

 
At April 25, 2006 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All 858 line of the Prologue, Joe? Wow ...

 
At April 26, 2006 7:20 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Liz -

Piebald played at Stonehill?

Anon -

No, just the first twenty lines or so. I can get up to the point right before Chaucer starts to introduce the characters. I'll edit the post to be more specific.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home