Sunday, August 28, 2005

Boo begins college.

This weekend my sister Elizabeth moved into her dorm to begin her freshman year at Stonehill College - I hope my readers will join me in wishing her the very best as she begins her undergraduate career. Stonehill is a great school and has a beautiful campus, as I can attest from having spent a week there to attend Massachusetts Boys State in 1996. Good luck, Boo - be sure to keep me posted. In the meantime, I'm going to have to start reading The Summit to keep up with campus news. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At August 28, 2005 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I am all moved in and typing away in my room right now. Everything has been very low key so far. Feel free to email me over at my new address ekoczera@stonehill.edu to get the latest. I bought a "special" bible for religion class the other day....

 
At August 28, 2005 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any advice on fans for the dorm room? Although her suite is on the first floor, there isn't any cross ventilation, and it is very hot and humid in there. Liz brought a small oscillating fan, but it's not enough, so I was going to pick up a couple of others, since Liz and Laura are at opposite sides of the room - one of the advantages of being forty minutes away. She has a very nice group of girls in her suite, including a pair of trekkies (!?!), and I don't feel that I'm losing my daughter. Rather, I'm reprising my Tabor surrogate mom role, gaining nine new girls whose moms are far away, and they have already requested cookies. Kiwi accompanied Dad & me tonight when we went to drop off textbooks, black flip-flops, favorite sweats, chocolate milk, yogurt, and poptarts, and she was a big hit as always. Brings back memories...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home