Friday, August 19, 2005

Tony and Joe go to White Castle.

As the title of this post indicates, fellow Chi Prov novice Tony Stephens and I had lunch today at White Castle. This is newsworthy mainly because I'd never been there before - Detroit is the first place I've lived that actually has White Castle restaurants. Living in Massachusetts, the District of Columbia and Northern Indiana, I knew White Castle as an almost mythic chain that friends who lived elsewhere raved about but which was perpetually out of my reach - much like In-N-Out Burger (which I later got to know and love during my time on experiment in California). In the quality department, White Castle's trademark bite-sized "Slyders" and crinkle fries don't hold a candle to In-N-Out's superior offerings. However, the Slyders I enjoyed today were undeniably tasty - even if they sat rather heavily in my stomach afterward. I can't say I'm likely to make many return trips to White Castle, but I can at least carve another notch into my tree of American pop culture icons. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home