Friday, July 15, 2005

The End of History.

The Jesuit novices' history course in Denver ended today. Continuing the great tradition of Jesuit banqueting, we had a nice dinner tonight to formally conclude our month together. Many thanks are due to the excellent dining services staff here at Regis who helped make this fine meal an experience to remember. (If you're ever put in charge of planning a conference in Denver, consider having it here at Regis, where in all respects we have been impeccably well cared for.) As you can probably tell from recent posts, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I'll miss the many great people I've met, though it's consoling to think that I'll be seeing more of them in coming years. As for the immediate future, I leave very early tomorrow morning with my traveling companions Jake Martin and Jim Shea for St. Louis, Missouri - yes, we're planning on covering the distance in one day. If all goes according to plan, we'll spend Sunday scoping out St. Louis (with an accent on Jesuit sites, I'm sure) and then head to Indiana on Monday. There we'll stop at St. Meinrad Archabbey and the old West Baden College (the Chi Prov theologate from 1934 to 1964) followed by dinner with our classmate Mike Singhurse and his family. On Tuesday we'll be back at the novitiate. Expect an update then.

Since I won't be writing here for a few days, I should make note of an important event which will take place this weekend: my mother's birthday, which occurs tomorrow. I'll be on the road for most of Saturday, Mom, but I'll do my very best to give you a call at some point during the day. Happy birthday! AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home