Friday, May 27, 2005

In the year 2525.

Today is my 25th birthday, which I'm told is a milestone event though I don't feel any different than I did yesterday. I can think of at least three things I can do now that I couldn't do yesterday: I can rent a car, buy a condo and serve in the U.S. House of Representatives. Renting a car is something I may conceivably do in my years of formation as a Jesuit, though occasions when I'll have the need to do so are probably going to be rare. Getting a condo probably isn't in the cards; even if I wasn't bound by a religious vow of poverty, I wouldn't be able to afford it. Since Lolek put the kibosh on Jesuits running for Congress (in the year of my birth, ironically), serving in the House doesn't look very likely either. In practical terms, my life hasn't changed all that much since yesterday. Nonetheless, today is a special day and I'm enjoying it. AMDG.

7 Comments:

At May 27, 2005 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! A quarter century! Love always,

 
At May 27, 2005 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Here's to a wonderful year ahead!

Warm greetings to your mom too. It's also been 25 years for her. :)

 
At May 28, 2005 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 25th (Fr?) Joe ... (if you get to use the "SJ" do you get to be called Father?) ... hope you didn't mind my jab at your fair alma mater :)

 
At May 28, 2005 7:42 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Anon. -

I won't be "Father" until ordination - which, God and the Society willing, is about a decade away.

As for alma mater, jab away. In some instances, I'm sure it will be deserved.

 
At May 29, 2005 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from one Novice to another. http://matt.rucus.net

 
At May 31, 2005 8:40 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Matthew -

Thanks for the good wishes and for introducing me to your site - it's always good to find other novices on the 'net. Hopefully we'll have a chance to compare our experiences at some point. Peace!

 
At June 19, 2005 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe - drop me an email (address on my site) - how long have you been in the Novitiate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home