Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Approved!

Given that today is the Feast of the Visitation, it seems appropriate that the provincials of the Chicago and Detroit provinces were here today for their yearly visitation of the novitiate. During the visitation, each provincial meets individually with the novices from his province and both speak to the assembled community about the state of the Society. In a meeting yesterday afternoon, Father Provincial told me that he had decided to approve my application for First Vows. Needless to say, I was elated with the news - I'd been told ahead of time by the director of novices that I was likely to be approved, but it's still another thing altogether to hear the provincial actually approve me for vows. I suppose I'll feel even more "official" when I receive the provincial's letter formally notifying me of his decision - it's great knowing I've been approved, but seeing the news in print will be even better. Then again, I'll feel better still when I pronounce First Vows on August 13th. Right now, however, all that is in the future. For now, I'm content to pray in thanksgiving for having been approved. AMDG.

8 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 7:20 PM, Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

What wonderful news!!!!! Congrats!

 
At May 31, 2006 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly, wonderful to hear!

Many, many blessings!

 
At May 31, 2006 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Joe! God bless!

 
At May 31, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations, Joe!

 
At May 31, 2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Congrats! See you on the 13th!

 
At June 01, 2006 4:26 PM, Blogger Lawrence Lew OP said...

Congratulations! Our Formation Council votes on 9 June and if that goes well and is approved by Fr Provincial, First Profession is set for 20 Sept. Please pray for me and my brother novice, Paul Mills O.P.

Thanks!

 
At June 03, 2006 7:46 AM, Blogger Kensy said...

Congrats Joe! I hope you realise that God will now expect you to pick up a slightly heavier cross. ;-)

 
At June 05, 2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Thank you all for your kind words... I hope you'll be praying for me as August 13th draws nearer. I'll be praying for all of you, remembering in a special way Brother Lawrence, Brother Paul and all others who are awaiting approval for or preparing to take vows. Pax,

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home