Tuesday, March 21, 2006

One Year Later.

Given that the post marking the beginning of my Short Experiment a year ago yesterday borrowed its title from a New Amsterdams song, perhaps it's appropriate that the title of this post is early Get Up Kids, though I wouldn't read too much into this. Sometimes, I go to great lengths for the sake of symmetry - or simply for the sake of a title. Anyhow, it's hard to believe it's been a year since I started my Short Experiment. Newer readers or those with short memories may appreciate an explanation of what I did on Short Experiment. In short, I spent two months in the spring of 2005 working for the Refugee Resettlement Program at Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County while living with the Jesuit community at Santa Clara University. Looking back, the time I spent at Santa Clara wasn't simply a highpoint of my novitiate but one of the greatest experiences of my life. I could say much more about this, but I might do better to simply point readers to the posts of March to May of last year in which I described my experiences in California as I lived them. My prayers for the next few days will be for the friends I made on Short Experiment and for the refugees I served in my ministry. As I pray for them, I'll also be praying in gratitude for the time I shared with them. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home