Friday, January 20, 2006

Wolfpack defeats Lions 49-42.

Continuing a strong season, the St. Ignatius varsity boys' basketball team beat the Lions of Leo High School by a seven-point margin. Though the game was played in Leo's own (surprisingly small) gym, the Lions didn't have much of a home-court advantage - in fact, the Wolfpack led throughout the game. To the credit of all players, both teams played like their lives depended on the outcome of the game. It was good to see the Wolfpack win an away game for the second week running, and it was even better watching the game in person with my current housemate Father Jim Chambers. A Jesuit who now serves as a chaplain at Cook County Hospital after having spent many years teaching in Kathmandu, Jim is also an Ignatius alum (Class of 1942) and a loyal fan of Wolfpack basketball. Jim's enthusiasm for the game and for his alma mater offer a sterling example to all Wolfpack fans.

In other news, I'll be heading to South Bend tomorrow morning for an overnight visit. My primary purpose in going is to catch up with a few good friends at Notre Dame, though I may also take in the 17th Annual Notre Dame Student Film Festival while I'm in town. Attending this yearly presentation of invariably top-notch student-produced films was one of the things I enjoyed most about my time at Notre Dame, and the festival also provided a brief ray of sunshine during otherwise bleak Indiana winters. This year's film festival also offers me the opportunity to scope out Notre Dame's new DeBartolo Performing Arts Center, which was built during my time on campus but didn't open until after I graduated. Perhaps I'll have more to say on the topic when blogging resumes on Monday. AMDG.

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2006 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am impressed with the use of the word "Solomonic".

Hope you had a good weekend and talk to you soon brother.

Peace,

Jake

 

Post a Comment

<< Home