Saturday, December 11, 2004

Silk Nog.

Yes, you heard me right. Silk Nog. My jaw dropped when I spotted the stuff at Sam's Club this morning on the weekly shopping run. I'm not quite sure how to feel about this - part of me views the advent of Silk Nog as an unconscionable desecration of a venerable holiday tradition - is nothing sacred? However, another part of me regards this as positive evidence of the march of progress - after all, vegans and the lactose intolerant should be able to savor the seasonal delight of egg nog, shouldn't they? For my own part, not even a single glass of soymilk has ever crossed my lips, so I'm in no position to say whether the taste of Silk Nog even remotely approximates the taste of real egg nog. I also don't expect to try the fake stuff any time soon, which means all the more Silk Nog for those who actually want or need it. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home