Friday, March 17, 2006

Bound for the Bronx.

Yesterday I received formal notification from the Chicago Province formation director that - pending my petition and approval for vows - I will be headed to the Bronx this fall to enter the Jesuit First Studies Program at Fordham University. I got informal word that I would probably be assigned to Fordham over a week ago, but I waited for the official decision from the provincial before posting the news here. For a number of reasons, I'm very happy to be going to Fordham. Considering my different options for First Studies, I was very impressed by the academic strengths of the Fordham program and by the opportunity to take courses at Union Theological Seminary, NYU and other area institutions. The unparalleled range of apostolic and extracurricular opportunities available in New York also attracted me to Fordham. Family geography was also a very important factor: being in New York, I'll be relatively close to home - four hours by car - and will be able to see my family more often than I can in Chicago. All in all, I'm excited about First Studies and I'm looking forward to the fall. Please pray for me and my classmates as we prepare to apply for vows and to take an important new step in our Jesuit lives. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2006 1:09 AM, Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Yay! Another Ciszekian to be!

 
At March 19, 2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Myself being in NJ, I think this is doubly good news! I have no doubt, based on good things I've heard, that you will enjoy the program and the NY Jesuit Family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home